Sunday, March 13, 2005

Disappointment? Or Anger...I can't decide

Well, I wish I could make some heads role. But unfortunately I am not at that point where I have authority over anyone. Anyways, what has sparked this feeling within me? Well, quite simply, I found out that the opportunity for me to work over the summer in Montreal has fallen through. The Canadian Military has once again had a break down of communications within itself where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. As a result of this break down there has been a postponement of the work that was needed to be done until September, which all know is when school returns to session. So now everything has been thrown into chaos for me. I was going to use the summer job as a chance to see if I owuld like to live in Montreal and potentially go to school there. I was going to scout out possible campuses there. I had talked to family friends in nearby cities to see if I could stop in and visit them. These included New York City, Ottawa, Toronto, and Quebec City. Ah well. Well, I guess it really was too good to be true after all. Well, who knows what will happen. Obciously it was not meant for me to go to Montreal at this point in time. Now, for the plus side of not going....I will be home for STAMPEDE! YEEEEEEHAW! Awwww...yeah Calgary isn't Montreal, but I mean, I have more friends here, everyone will be home from College so I can party with them. And, I can now use the excuse of wanting to go scout Universities as a reason for the rents to pay for me to go there for a few days or a week or something. Hehe, awwww. Ah well, who knows what this summer shall old in store now. And since I cancelled all of my applications to the universities there as a request of the rents (see they wanted me to scout the campuses and city overall first before i decided to permanently pack up and head there, so they asked me to put my schooling there off until at least January 2006) so I can either return to the U of C in the fall or take the time off and work to save money for my own place. So many options, and so much planning and thinking that needs to get done. Ah well. I shall see where this all leads me. Though I am really disappointed with this setback, life will go on. *sigh* well, hope everyone had a better day than I did...ciao

"When one door closes, another door opens: but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us."
- Alexander Graham Bell
(cheesy? Perhaps. Appropriate? Definetely)

2 Comments:

At 9:57 p.m., Blogger Di said...

FRACK

that about sums it up

 
At 4:37 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always see if your services are needed in Vancouver. *grins*

Not quite as European as Montreal, but truckloads of fun anyways!

-Totality

 

Post a Comment

<< Home