Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Exhileration

Wow. In riding a horse we borrow freedom. True freedom. I just came back from a gorgeous ride this afternoon. Sure i shtink like a horse...heheeee shtink...but it was so worth it. To gallop along the road, down the valley side and into the river below. Oh what refreshness, what freedom! The sun was coming in and out of the clouds, the wind was brisk and chilled. Twas perfect. I only lost my hat twice today, which is not too bad. And no cell phone. No cell phone! No concept of time, nothing there but me, dexter, and the wide open plains...well...as open as the Springbank plains can be. It was a perfect day for a ride. I was given a chance to be alone with my thoughts again, which is always a good thing. Gave me a chance to clear my mind and just enjoy the sun, the wind, and of course the stunning view. Ah yes, another day in paradise, well, almost paradise i guess. The only thing missing was an ocean, some palm trees, and a setting like Eastern Canada. Big oaks, maple trees and the spectacular automn blazes upon the trees. Ah well. I enjoyed today which was the only thing that mattered. What majestic creatures they are. They way they gallop. Oh there is nothing more inspirational than seeing a stampede of horses thundering along the great plains. It brings tears to my eyes, trust me. I have been blessed enough to have witnessed such a marvel. Oh there is nothing comparable to it. The thundering hoofs, their eyes...oh, to know such freedom. Their eyes scream out freedom. To go wherever one wants to go. Now that is a true understanding of freedom.
"A horse! A horse! My Kingdom for a Horse!"
Ciao...*sailing off into the sunset in a wooden shoe...while a piano plays in the background*
I miss Polo already :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home