Wednesday, September 29, 2004

All for nothing? Or all for something?

I am in one of my deep contemplative moods. Philosophical? Perhaps, perhaps not though. So i guess get ready. What is the point of it all? Who are we? What are we? Why are we here? Can i make an attempt at answering those questions? Of course i can. But honestly they are just wild-ass guesses half the time. I mean some people will answer why are we here with "well we are here to worship god." ok. I buy that. But which God? or is it all the same God, just manifesting differently from race to race and tribe to tribe in order to be known to all? What are we? Well, lets see. We are billions of molecules stuck together because some random scientific freak accident occured within our DNA resulting in us becoming different than Chimpanzees. Yeah. Ok. I don't buy that. How is it that everything worked out that we would develop the sulci and gyri within our brains, and that we would develop beyond the medula oblongata while no other animal has even been able to come close to reaching our stage of development. Am I suggesting we are created beings? I dunno. But it certainly seems iffy otherwise. Now what is the point of it all? I dunno. Perhaps something in our brains says that we are living for something more than what we actually are living for? Is there really a point to life? Other than fueling the destruction of our planet and the corruption of our government by paying taxes. I certainly hope so. Life cannot be meaningless. I refuse to believe that there is nothing worth living for, i mean beyond our realm. There must be something. Which brings me back to this point. Creation. Has Humanity created anything at all? I mean anything? Other than altering and reorganizing the molecules around us into sculptures. I mean, when was the last time anyone heard about a scientist making an atom. And by the way, where did all that energy come from in order for creation to even begin? What kick started everything? The big-bang perhaps? Well...where did that energy come from? Answer me that. When was the last time Humans actually created something. Something from nothing. Exactly. We haven't. There must be some power beyond our grasp, our ability of reasoning. Religion is not meant to be rationalized. Religion, and the cosmos are irrational. They are not meant to be understood. We are not worthy to be in control of such knowledge. And nor shall we ever be in possession of such knowledge. Yes, you may say that science will have the answer. But seriously. The general function and purpose of all Religions is to address fundamental human issues and concerns. And go beond that to try and make sense of the cosmos around us. The mysteries that will never be answered. There is too much going on for there to be any other answer. So i will leave you with this. If it took how many years using the best computers in the world to crack the Human DNA strand. The most simple basic building blocks of life. Then how long would it take to crack the most complicated difficult ones then eh? There's gotta be something going on there. Or perhaps I am hopelessly lost and will have a very rude awakening one day. Ah well. It has been fun thus far! And i musts be off...Ciao!

8 Comments:

At 1:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There must be some power beyond our grasp, our ability of reasoning. Religion is not meant to be rationalized. Religion, and the cosmos are irrational. They are not meant to be understood."

Those lines made me think. For a minute, I lost myself to the concept of our insignificance. You should start your own religion if architecture or fashion design don't work out. You have an admirable intellingence, which I believe you should use to your own advantage. Reading what you have to say let's me know I'm not the only one with an insanely wide range of thoughts. If you don't like the idea of manipulating people through religion, then at least take my previous suggestion into consideration and write a book.

 
At 1:30 p.m., Blogger Roo said...

HELLO JEN!

 
At 1:31 p.m., Blogger Roo said...

And i think i shall write a book...one day...and Thanks you ever so much for yer flattering comments...you is one smart cookie too ;-)

 
At 1:31 p.m., Blogger Roo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

How'd you know it was me? Didn't think I said anything to give it away...

 
At 1:39 p.m., Blogger Roo said...

well, the fact you said no coffee anytime soon...made me think about the people away, and then through a mathematical process of elimination i came up with YOU!

 
At 4:26 p.m., Blogger Roo said...

Use my intelligence for manipulating people through religion? Brilliant. Brilliant indeed. In fact I love it, so I guess there still is a chance for me to take over this world. EXCELLENT!

 
At 10:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll support you in your attempt to take over the world, just let me know when you're ready.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home