Monday, September 13, 2004

And there upon the rainbow

I have lost myself. I am back at square one.
Who am I?
I miss the sunset. I miss my walks in the woods. I miss watching the water flow by in the river. I miss the wind running through the trees. Am I happy? Yes I am, but for how much longer? Is it time that I go back to the basics? Yes it is. For too long now I have ignored my emotions. My feelings. I am about to crash. I need to slow down. Life is passing me by too quickly. I have lost the feeling of being overly happy each morning to be alive. I have lost the feeling of looking at the mountains and seeing the grandiosity and beauty of this life. I have become trapped in a vicious circle. I must break it. It is a problem when your best friends say that you are going to end up dead if I don't slow down. But trouble melts like lemon drops. My head has always been in the clouds. It gave me inspiration to carry on. I have lived a most blessed life, yet I now see I am almost pissing it away. When was the last time I went to Boston Pizza on a friday night escapade? When was the last time i stood outside and just watched the sunset and smelled the fresh lake air? When was the last time I sat outside and listened to the frogs croak and the crickets sing. When was the last time I sat out and watched the Northern Lights. When was the last time I laid on my bed and just dreamt of where I want to go one day, what I want to do. I have lost the basics of my life. Too fast Slow down, slow down slow down slow down slow down slow down slow down. Where has september gone? Where did august go? When am I going to the Grad? When are the next grad parties? oh my god, they already passed. where did the time go. Bonnie? Hayley? Where are you? Melanie? Andrea? Graham? Mark? Where did everyone go? Why am I here still? I need to leave. I need to get away. Too many memories. Too many moments. Why does time go on?

IF ONLY THE WORLD WOULD STOP TURNING. IF TIME WOUOLD PAUSE. IF I COULD GO BACK IN TIME AND SAVOUR THOSE MOMENTS THAT WILL FOREVER BE ETCHED INTO MY MEMORY. IF ONLY.....IF ONLY....
BUT I CANNOT TURN BACK TIME, NO MATTER HOW MUCH I WISH I COULD. ALL THAT I CAN DO IS MAKE NEW MOMENTS AND REMEMBER TO SAVOUR THOSE. THE HAPPIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE WILL NEVER BE RECREATED. SO I MUST BE SATISIFIED WITH HERE AND NOW. LET HERE AND NOW BE FOREVER!

And there upon the rainbow, is the answer to a never ending story...
Ciao....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home