Wednesday, August 18, 2004

9th Symphony

Do you know what nemesis means? It is a righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by an audible count, me.

Indeed. Is it a human thing to try and be the best one can be? I mean it is obvious when it comes to athletics, just look at the Olympics that are going on right now! But what about other areas of ones life? Is it normal to feel competition there? I mean if some guy in my class plays the piano, is it normal to try and be better than said guy? I dunno. I am not a very competitive person, yet I am at the same time. If some person gets a car...I'll go out and make sure that I get a nicer car. Sometimes it is a good thing, yet other times it is a bad thing. Yes because competition has resulted in many many wars, fights, ended friendships and other mishaps through out the history of humanity. So is competition really a good thing? Well damn right it is. Without compeition honestly where would we be? Compeition eally has been a blessing upon humanity. It has been a way to strive to be the best, to lift our spirits. Inspire us, carry us. Competition has resulted in many of the inventions that we now consider a part of daily life. It has been transposed into music, and through that outlet our highest hopes have been achieved and manifested into an actual field. Competetion is an absolute heartache yet it is such a stimulant. An addictive drug we cannot rid ourselves with. So I do believe my question has been answered. We are born competitors. And cut. That is enough philospohical discussions for today. The forum is now open. Ciao!
(Sorry but my brain is really hurting from actually thinking this morning, and it is only 9 am...no one should be awake at this ungodly hour...)

2 Comments:

At 2:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

competition- tiger sharks will fight to the dath in their mothers womb to see you will be born

 
At 3:42 p.m., Blogger Roo said...

Right...that made as much sense as fondue covered hands ruling the world...DATH FROM ABOVE...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home