Sunday, October 23, 2005

Loving the you, you love.

"The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you, you love, well, that's just fabulous." -Carrie Bradshaw

I've been thinking a lot about this quote lately. It is the final line of the final episode of the final season in Sex and the City. And damn, is it appropriate for everyone. It is so true for everyone. I mean, how can you possibly let anyone love you if you don't even have a true relationship with yourself?

And I have come to realize one thing. I don't even know myself fully yet. Who am I? I change so much that its hard for even me to keep up with myself sometimes, let alone my friends. Yes there is the fundamentals of my personality that will never change, yet everything else does. Some remain the same for a while, while other entities of myself will constantly be changing. And this brings me to my next point. What is it that I love about myself? I mean seriously, what is it about myself that I love? Becuase I mean, how could someone love the me I love if I don't even know what it is about myself that I love!?

So, what is it about myself that I love???
I love my eyes.
I love my hands.
I love it how I actually have and show emotions.
I love it how I make facial expresions a lot of the time. If I'm happy then I smile, if I'm mad a bite my lip.
I love the fact that I love sunsets and sunrises and I try my hardest to watch them as much as I can.
I love it how I can go from a black tie affair to kinky party in under 24 hours.
I love it how I am a hopeless romantic.
I love it how I am such a romantic.
I love it that I am smart.
I love it how music has such a huge influence in my life.
I love it how I am such a dreamer, yet I try to keep my dreams within attainable reaches.
I love the fact that I like to read and I can get so lost in a book.
I love it how it takes so little to make me so happy.
I love it that I like cheesy music yet I still care about what others think of it.
I love the fact that everyday I am caring less and less what others think of me. Yes I still have a ways to go, but I mean, I have to start somewhere!
I love how I can be compassionate.
I love the fact that I love to cuddle.
I love the fact that I have a lot of aquantinces, but few true friends. But at least I know those friends will be with me through thick and thin and to the end of time.
I love the fact that I don't mind spending an entire day in bed either cuddling or with a good book.
I love the fact that I can't sing, but I still do anyways.
I love the fact that I can quote random lines from random movies.
I love it how I love to party, whether it be at a rave, or at a small house party.
I love the fact that I don't think I can dance, but others tell me otherwise.
I love the idea that I am hard to get. But truth be told I am such an easy catch if you know what to say, what to do, and when to do it.
I love the fact that I think I can offer the world to the person I fall in love with.
I love it how I can be such a blond/ditz/clutz/fool somedays.
I love it how I like to think I don't have an ego.
I love it how I like to think I have an ego.
I love it how I am usually having a good time no matter where or what I am doing.
I love it how I am an actual intelligent intellectual...somedays that is.

I love the fact that I love myself for who I am, not for what I am.

Cheesy? Selfish? Ego-building? Well, no. It isn't any of those things. Because truth be told...I may love myself, but the question is why do I love myself? I love myself for all those reasons above. There are plenty other things I love and like about myself, but that list could go on for a very long time. Above is just a little sampling, the tip of the iceberg you might say. But how can you be happy and comfortable with yourself if you don't know how to love yourself?

And so I leave today singing Bif Naked's song, "I Love Myself Today" becuase it is oh so true.

Ciao all.

2 Comments:

At 3:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

FACK YOU!!

YOU JUST RIPPED OFF WALT WHITMAN'S "SONGS OF MYSELF"

*kickpuncheskissyou*

I love you andrew....

-M

 
At 10:43 p.m., Blogger Roo said...

Did I? Can't say that I have even heard of that, then again i can't really stand walt whitman either for that matter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home