Saturday, October 22, 2005

Cruel Irony!

Yesterday I had a lunch date with my mother, so we went to the lounge in her building in downtown Calgary. It has a nice affair, the food was delicious and we had a good chit chat. She also introduced me to some of her friends who come regularily to that establishment, they included Paul Jacakson a noted journalist who has his articles published in the Sun papers. As well as Edmund Oliviero, a local but important music producer, and his assistant, I think Josh was his name. Anyways, the topic of discussion was the Battle of Trafalgar which occured 200 years ago right down to the day and how if Napoleon had won, we would all be speaking French. And as exciting as that all sounds, that is not the real reason for this post. What makes this lunch so much more...cruel, is the fact that while we were talking about Trafalgar and Napoleon, right next door, like less than 80 feet away, was Brada Pitt and Angelina Jolie on a day out and about, and I didn't even know about it. I heard the news and I am kicking myself as i had seriously considered wandering over to the exact same place as them for a nice afternoon out. Well, irony it seems has chosen to be cruel and the two people I have been trying to hunt down all summer were right under my nose, and I didn't even know it. So here I sit, kicking myself, but also laughing at the whole thing. So elusive, yet there they were...damnit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home