Friday, December 31, 2004

Amazing!

So, I am writing from Montreal today, and what an amazing city it is to say the least. It has been an extremely busy last few days here and there seems to be no sign of it slowing down anytime soon as well. But wow is all i have to say. The city is amazing. Calgary really does not have anything that compares with us, well, except for Banff, but that is banff. The other day for example, Melissa, Cameron and I walked through old Montreal, and as we came over the brow of a hill, the view to the new modern Downtown was spectacular. In one glance, i did a trip of three hundred years of time. It was a testimoney to time itself it seemed. The shopping here is amazing, i absolutely loved Saint Catherines, just the metropolitan look of it all, and Saint Laurent was so ecclectic, i couldn't help but fall in love. There are restuarants everywhere, and the other day we stopped in at Dunn's Famous. I had a burger, and unfortunately it was not one of the best ones I have had. I was hoping for better, but oh well. Just to say I ate at Dunn's was good enough for me. Stopped in at the Parasuco store...it was nice to say the least, I bought two shirts there, one of them was picked out by me, and the other one Cameron picked out. When we went in, he asked if he could pick out a shirt for me to try on, and i said sure, so off I went looking, and so did he. I was expecting him to pick out the outrageous thing they had there, but in fact he choose something that was really tasteful...i loved it, so i ended up getting two shirts. Oh my. The clubs here are really nice, a lot better than waht Cowtown has to offer. Just the whole attitude and atmosphere is different. People in Montreal it seems are there to have fun, as though they want to be out and about. There is so much to do here, and i mean the city may not exactly be the cleanest place on earth, i know that calgary is much better looking, but just the eclecticness of it all is just so inspiring at times. Anyways, i should get going, there is too much to see, and way to much to do to spend it all in front of a computer. Joie du Vive as they say here, anyways, au revoir, and enjoy life. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home