Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Ok, so it is a lot of rain...

Right, well, I guess there was more rain falling then I first thought, as, well, they are doing emergency broadcasts at the moment warning of flooding...now isn't that just dandy! Huh, i think I will go into town and go to the Elbow River, apparently that is about to burst its banks...so, this should be interesting...these next few hours...they are interuppting the radio shows about every hour to warn of more areas that should expect flooding. The last time I remember such flooding I as in New Brunswick and there was several million dollars damage done, most of the places around Fredricton were underwater. Haha, i remember going by the market place and seeing it washed out, and the road in front being washed away...

hopefully that won't be happening here. 17cm's of rain has fallen since Sunday, so that is like half a foot of water. And now they are expecting an additional 6 to 10 cm's of rain to fall today...so, it really isn't looking all that great at the moment...so when i get pics, i will put em up.

Anyways, at least the farmers won't be bitching about not enough water this year...
wow, that made me sound like quite the ass, cuz now they have to worry about their crops being carried away with the current...

Anyways, off again to listen for more flood warnings...

Yeah, you know it is always good when they are doing emergency broadcasts and this is what you hear "If you live in these areas, move to higher ground..."

4 Comments:

At 3:53 p.m., Blogger Di said...

don't have to worry about getting to higher ground if we do, then i think we should be building an arc

 
At 9:31 p.m., Blogger Mackey said...

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming........(If you seen Finding Nemo you will get that:))

 
At 9:17 a.m., Blogger Roo said...

Bahahahaaa! OMG I LOVE Finding Nemo! Haha, one of my fav movies of all time...and oh, believe me, i know the song, i sang it to my friends so often, especially when they were on a downer day. But, I got some amazing pics of the flooding here in Calgary...people pay millions of dollars for homes along the river here, and I have pics of them being sandbagged and their back yards being washed away. It really was quite the site to see...

 
At 11:29 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

RUN TO THE HILLLSSSS!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFEEEEE!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home