Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Things are calming down...

Well, I am glad to report that things are once again righting themselves in the universe, I have returned to the top of my pedestal which had been kicked out from under me a few days ago. But suffice to say it is still much smaller presently than before.

Bif Naked's newest album, Superbeautifulmonster drops today, and looks like it is going to be a massive album for her, her song "Let Down" is apparently already getting a lot of air play (but i have yet to still hear it as I am fed up with my radio at the moment). I hope her album does really well, as her songs are about as real as you can get. And I mean, she is the pop-punk Princess in the music industry, and does deserve the title she has garnered in the media which just so happens to be Her Royal Highness.

Looks like I am heading up to Edmonton this weekend for a bit, just going to stay overnight saturday, that way i can kind get a look at the town. It is going to be a very nice and most welcomed break from Calgary. I'm tired of dealing with and putting up with a lot of people, and I think that is probably more my fault than any one person, though there are a few that certainly helped to make things tough. I dunno, I guess I am getting tired of the same old routine...yes every night has its variants, but it is essentially nothing new.

It's raining again. Joyful. That really is the last thing we need. More rain. But, the plus side is that the farmers will finally stop their whining and complaining. Looks like they are going to have to find something new to complain about, which won't be too hard as they always have something to whine about.

Bill C-38 is on the brink of being adopted. And all I can say is, about time. Canada has always been about freedom, and attempting total equality. And well, we are now one step closer! I think it is a good thing that gays and lesbians should be able to get married I mean, love is love, and who can control who you fall in love with? Whether it be boyboy...girlgirl...or boygirl. They are people too. I guess this can be looked at in the same light as the civil rights movement, i mean in some states before the civil rights movement it was illegal for interracial marriages. And I mean, that is wrong. Its not right to base love off of what colour a persons skin is. Just as its not right to base love off of what sexuality you are. Wow, I can feel a very colourful post forming in my head. I think I shall save it for when equal marriage is voted through parliament.

As a final note, Brad Pitt is going to be in town for part of the summer working on a movie here, a western at that (surprise, surprise, do they ever film anything else out here?) So, it looks like the great game of Brad Pitt hunting shall get underway as soon as I hear word that he is in town...and I can't believe that Jake Gyllenhal was here and I missed him. Dammnit, I was so out of the loop last summer and I missed him. Well, not this time. I won't let Brad get away...haha, and Richard Gere is supposed to be here as well, beut he isn't nearly as interesting as Brad is. Oh my, and if Brad is here, what are the chances that Angelina could be here as well...if that happened, i think i would like, i dunno, drop jawed perhaps? Anyways, plans are already underway to try and intercept Brad sometime...and considering I have two, somewhat of inside sources, I think the chances are there...that I might get to run into him, or at least get an autograph...oh the shallowness of fame and all that it entails. Haha, makes people like me get all star struck (though very few stars can actually do that, Brad is just one of them)

And that is all I have to say about things at this moment in time. Just a general update on the state of the cosmos. Ciao all.

2 Comments:

At 11:27 p.m., Blogger Mackey said...

Coming to Edmonton??!!!!!!!!Whoa!! Thanks for the warning!!! I will warn the local watering holes!! LOL
Seriously though...welcome, have fun & be good! ( Ya I know...which is it... have fun OR be good!)

 
At 10:26 a.m., Blogger Roo said...

Hahaha...definetely have fun...i'll leave being good to the, uhm...foreigners...

So, if any huge disaster occurs up in Edmonton this weekend, I probably had some hand in causing it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home